Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday Update: SW3: RotS

Good lord. I haven't been able to post much this week due to the move, and most likely won't get to post again until sometime next week, when my computer is plugged back in at the house of my Aunt and Uncle. Seeing as we don't take possession of the new house until July 7th, we're living by the good graces of relatives until then. Ugh.

Saw Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith over the last weekend. I'm not too certain I liked it. Sure it was graphically stunning, and sucked considerably less than the last two instalments, but there was something... just off about the whole thing. Alot of the action of the movie seemed to happen... well... just to justify episodes 4, 5 and 6.

There was no reason for... say... the Emperor's face to melt, except that he's ugly in 5 and 6. There's no good reason for Anakin to fall to the Dark Side except that he's Darth Vader later on. At one point Yoda arbitrarily decides to go into exile with no good reason, simply to explain why he's on Dagobah in 5.

I'm sorry George, but "Because it has to" is not a good explination for anything.

And don't get me started on how they ruined Natalie Portman's character. Padme goes from being Princess Leia-esque in Episode 1 - a devoted and strong leader - to being a whiney, weak, love-sick air-head in by Episode 3.

No real depth, all flashy effects, and several plot points are just forced (no pun intended). Episode III gets a mere:

5 bombs out of 10, and that's only because the fight scenes are pretty to look at.

See you all next week.

2 Comments:

At 4:27 a.m., Blogger the Worst Ninja Ever said...

Padme in Episode I: "Bring it on, bitches! I'll take on all comers!"

Padme in Episode II: "We can get through this together, Anakin. Our love will conquer all!"

Padme in Episode III: "Tee hee! Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"

 
At 8:24 p.m., Blogger Jago said...

Ninja, don't you realize that Padme's in baby-making mode?

You see, Ninja, and Scott, and anyone who's not a doctor like I am, women have hormones. And when that baby's coming, girls turn into mewling little kittens, thanks to these "hormones."

So, when Padme's not sex-crazed, because her soon-to-be husband's only 10 years old (how Anakin grew eight years in the time it took Padme to age three years is an interesting story, also involving doctor-related terms that only I would understand), she CAN be the ultimate ass-kicker.

Once she starts wanting babies? It's all about colour-coordinating in the bedroom and putting doilies on the coffee table.

Also, it's a scientific fact, proven by doctors like me, that most girls, after they leave politics, turn into giggling baby-making ditzes.

Trust me. Did I mention that I'm a doctor? Because I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home