Monday, June 27, 2005

Batman and Wrestling

Trying to keep myself busy over the past few weeks has been interesting, and has seen me doing some unusual things. I've spent several weekends with my lady friend, had my hair coloured, and went to see a live wrestling event at NAIT... and that's just the stuff I remember off the top of my head.

Batman Begins is an awesome movie. Go see it if you haven't. It has seriously become my favourite super hero movie, and I've seen it twice in a two-week period. Chrisitan Bale makes a fantastic lead, and Cillian Murphey is a wonderfully creepy Scarecrow. Gary Oldman also manages the best Commissioner Gordon (then Sgt. Gordon) I've seen on the big screen.

But enough about Batman.

I went and saw the Prarie Wrestling Alliance's big summer show a few weeks ago. A decent local wrestling federation that runs shows out of the NAIT main gym. They've got alot of passion in the ring, more so than many more mainstream wrestlers (such as those in the WWE) do. Well worth the price of admission, and I'm already making plans to see their next show in a few weeks.

Notably, the ladder match between The Funky Bunch and New Karachi Vice was awesome. My friends and I managed to get mentioned in the match writeup on Slam! Wrestling, we were the guys at ringside who stood up and chanted "Please don't die!" at Marky Mark and Phoenix Taylor. It might also be worth mentioning that Marky Mark is Y2Jago's boss at Radio Sha... I mean the Source by Circuit City.

Being ringside at a wrestling event is awesome in itself. When the wrestlers can actually hear what you have to say to them, it's a lot more fun. At one point, I was booing a heel wrestler called Evan Inferno, and he came right over to me and demanded "How can you boo me? I'm a REAL man!" I can honestly say that I've never been punked out by a wrestler until then.

Then again during the street fight match between Synn and Tex Gaines, Synn staggered over to lean on the ring barricade in front of me, gushing blood from his face, and I was shouting at him to get right back in there and kick some ass. He seemed to appreciate it. Or maybe he was light-headed.

I also managed to get Lance Storm's autograph. Pretty good night of wrestling! I'll see about getting some more friends to come next time to support them.

Good times. Anywho, I need to cut this post short here, but I'll try and do another update this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home