Thursday, September 02, 2004

Mr. Constantine, please stand up.

John Constantine is one of my new favourite characters, and it breaks my heart to think that Keanu Reeves will be playing him in the upcoming movie Constantine. It breaks my heart enough to make me consider missing the movie and waiting for the cheap theatre version (if I see it at all). Here's a good link talking about the movie in more depth, written by a fan of the comic: Straight to Hell.

Ah well, the comic book Hellblazer is as good as Dr. Teeth said it would be, and I know find myself recommending it to others. The plots are complex and deep, and the main character, John Constantine, is a fantastic persona with depth you don't often see in comic book heroes... or indeed characters at all now adays.

All in all, I think I'll be picking up the second volume of the Hellblazer comics as soon as I have money again. A worthy read, for those who like horror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home