Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Transit Suxx

Okay, okay, I know. I've been neglecting the Bomb Shelter for a few days. Well, I'm here to update and let people know I'm still alive, if currently trying to get everything in order.

University is really enjoyable so far, and I'm surprised with how interested I am in absolutely everything. I find myself looking to volunteer with student groups and the like, and I'm not sure if that worrysome or exciting. I have very little free time as it is.

But that's not what I wanted to bitch about.

This morning I was about one minute late for my bus, arriving at roughly 7:52 AM. I didn't see it drive away, I simply waited for a few moments and came to the conclusion that I must have missed my bus because it wasn't coming. So, resolutely, I decide to wait for the next bus.

And wait and wait.

40 minutes later the next bus toddles on down the road to my stop. As a result I was 20 minutes late for my first lecture. What the fuck!? 40 minutes is not a convenient time between busses!

I blame this entirely on St. Albert's fancy transit system. You see, St. Albert decided they would rather have fancy busses, then convenient busses. So yes, we have crazy luxury busses. Plush seats, sleek design, even a few accordian busses for the commuters. This is all fine and dandy.

However, there is a fatal flaw with these fancy busses. They cost more. Apparently a whole lot more then regular bueses. As such, St. Albert has far fewer busses then they need to maintain a regular bus system during the day. Fancy busses equals fewer busses.

Secondly, these busses require more money not only to purchase, but to maintain as well! As such it costs more to ride a St. Albert bus, then an Edmonton bus. My four month commutter pass costs me almost $100 more then an Edmonton bus pass.

Ultimately, this all leads us to the conclusions that fancy busses are about as convenient to the average bus rider as an appendectomy.

I for one would be happy with crappy uncomfortable busses, if it meant I could catch a ride every twenty minutes.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 p.m., Blogger Jago said...

One month! One freakin' month!

You've got nothing to say? Your birthday? Shawn of the Dead?

Dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home